You’re here because you’d like additional fundraising ideas to get involved with? Brilliant!
Please find below some top ideas from our supporters over the years. Feel free to add your own personal ‘magic’ to any of them or contact us with any questions or queries – we’re here and happy to help!
Just one last note : please be safe, act sensibly but have fun while you’re doing it!
- Sponsored Denim Challenge. Why not run our ‘All for One Run’ challenge [link to page] where students and staff are sponsored to run 600 metres or 6,000 steps – whichever is greater! Every jog or running step taken will help fund life changing grants for small charities and family groups, providing essential services and support for families with genetic conditions here in the UK. So, get your class or school involved and get running!
- Dance in Denim. Now you are all in your jeans, why not have a denim dance-a-thon or school denim disco, charging an entry fee to all the fun.
- Design-a-denim. If you are very into sustainable clothes and love arts & crafts, why not offer a small fee to embellish, glitter, or bedazzle old jeans? If they have jeans that they love but are now a little worn, give them a new lease of life with a new look and why not arrange a fashion show to model them at the end of the week.
- Denim Danish or Doughnut delights. Why not add more money to your donation by embracing your inner Mary Berry and arranging a bake sale. Charity benefits from your kindness and everyone enjoys a tasty treat too!
- Denim Decathalon. Who fancies getting sporty in their denim? Why not bring 10 of the absolute classics from Sports Day together and organise a tournament with teams? Why not have a space hopper race, egg and spoon race, bean bag throw, hula hoop race, football slalom, three legged race, wellie wanging, bean bag on the head race, skipping race, tug of war ending with the ultimate in races – the sack race! Don’t forget to get a teachers team together (or include a teacher in every team) and do it in denim! Charge people to take part and charge the teachers not to share videos on social media!!
- Jam for Genes. Get your double denim out and hold a denim rock concert – charge for tickets and make extra money by serving up some blue lemonade.
We also have some great virtual fundraising ideas to bring you and your school together too. Don’t forget to share what you’re doing – we want to see ALL your incredible ideas and it all as it happens, so join our social platforms and don’t forget to tag us in! [link here]. Happy fundraising!