If you are looking for a selection of fundraising ideas for you and your friends, families or community groups, look no further!
Here’s a selection of past and present greats that have worked a treat. Feel free to pick straight from the list or add a bit of your own special fun’d-raising magic!
- Play our online ‘In-Jeanious Quiz’ – challenge friends, colleagues and loved ones to play our online, timed quiz. You can play against people from across the country (to see what a national clever clogs you are) or alternatively, have your own friends, family or community leader board and challenge EVERYONE you know! Visit https://bigcharityquiz.org/ and let the quizzing begin!
- Play our new, online ‘How do you wear yours?’ sweepstake. Play with family, friends, group or your local community by downloading our sweepstake poster. For a £2 donation per person (£1 for Jeans for Genes and £1 for the sweepstake pot), pick one of the fun items to wear with your jeans- simple! The winning item will be revealed on the 3rd October on the Jeans for Genes website and social media sites so keep your eyes peeled! If everyone takes part, the winner could get up to £20 (but if you wanted to donate that too, fantastic!). Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and share on social media to see all the other people in your chosen sweepstake team across the country!
- Bake a real difference. Hold a coffee morning and make some homemade treats and delicious delights for friends, family and group members. Everyone loves a treat and what better way to show their appreciation than with a donation to Jeans for Genes!
- Birthday Fundraiser – let’s face it, we’ve probably all had enough smellies, socks and chocolates to last a lifetime. If you would like to put your birthday to fantastic use, why not use your special day to raise funds for Jeans for Genes? Encourage family and friends to forgo birthday gifts or cards and donate to your birthday fundraiser by either setting up a Just Giving page for Jeans for Genes or starting a birthday fundraiser on Facebook.
- Amazon Smile– want to make your online purchases do good at the same time? Then simply log in to Amazon Smile and choose Jeans for Genes Campaign as your chosen charity. You’ll be raising money for a good cause without even noticing.
- Va-va-Zoom your fundraiser – lead an online class through Facebook Live or Instagram Live. It could be yoga, pilates, Tai Chi or good old fashion Jane Fonda work out. Set up a JustGiving page and ask friends, family and colleagues for a donation to Jeans for Genes to attend.
- Auction/eBay your has-been for Genes – this is a good opportunity to declutter and apply the rule that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Sell your clutter on eBay, Vinted or Facebook market place and try www.webuybooks.co.uk which will give you cash in return for your old books, CDs, DVDs and games. Donate the money you make to Jeans for Genes.
- Hair today, gone tomorrow. Show your support for the genetic condition community by growing a whacky ‘tash, decorating your epic beard, shaving your hair, dying it blue, wearing a fabulous wig or waxing your back, have some hair raising fun whilst raising money for a great cause.
- The BIG personal challenge: Want to go that step further? These challenges don’t just build character, they reveal it and it starts the minute you sign up. We’ve teamed up with Charity Challenge who offer a worldwide selection of challenges and opportunities to push yourself for your favourite charity (obviously us!) Click here
Good luck! We are always on hand if you have any questions or queries so please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 480 9800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org