Taking part in Jeans for Genes Day is something to be really proud of. Thanks to people like you getting involved, we are able to help fund groups that provide services, support and hope to 1 in 10 families in the UK affected by genetic conditions.
If you share your activity or event and why you are getting involved, the more people hear about Jeans for Genes and the more people will want to get involved and donate.
Here’s a simple way spread awareness:
- Set up your JustGiving page, adding your reasons for getting involved and what you will be doing.
- Share what you’re up to on your organisation’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, remember to use the hashtag #JeansForGenes #TeamDenim. Tag us in too!
- Include your involvement on your email signature – with clear signposts and links to your activity, whether it’s on the company intranet or a Just Giving Page.
- Sign up for the workplace fundraising pack and stick up posters in your workplace advertising what you are doing.
- Send around emails to your company with clear links and signposts to your chosen activity. We’ve got a template email that you can send to colleagues that will tell them all about Jeans for Genes Day. Edit the text and add in your own information, and don’t forget to remind everyone to bring in their £2. This could be a great opportunity for you to share with your contacts and networks as a call to action to get others involved and how committed you and your organisation are to supporting societal causes.
- Why not let local media know? Contact local newspapers, radio and TV stations – they are always interested in local activity and companies with strong philanthropic roots in their community. It’s a great way to spread awareness and highlight the support that your company has for the genetic condition community in the UK. We’ve created a template press release for you, but please tailor it with relevant information to your organisation.
- If you want to write your press release, here’s a couple of handy tips.
- Find a great hook – something that will make it interesting, inspiring or valuable to the readers. Tie the press release with Jeans for Genes 2023 itself (week commencing Mon 18 Sept to Sun 24 Sept) as there will be national interest around this time.
- Think about the impact it will have on people reading it – can they get involved themselves? Is there a way they can support you?
- Get a prominent individual from your company to get involved – usually with a quote.
- Does it have the ‘stop and want to know more’ factor? Is there something unusual or a surprising twist to what you are doing?
- Create the perfect structure – who, what, where, when and how?
- Don’t forget the further information : Your contact details, a link to yours & your charity’s website, any hashtags or links to the campaign, additional stats and facts that might be useful, any additional quotes (one from the CEO, one from you writing it).
Let us know too! We love sharing stories about who and how people are fundraising and love sharing across our social media channels to all our donors, supporters and volunteers. We’d love to give you a shout out – please keep us in the loop at firstname.lastname@example.org.