We are at an incredibly exciting stage of our development, having recently established ourselves as a new charity. From our strong history as an annual fundraising campaign that attracts schools, businesses and individuals to take part in the annual ‘Jeans for Genes’ campaign, we are now aiming to diversify our income sources, achieve an all year-round impact and test and try new ways of working. We aren’t shy of being innovative and fully inclusive in how we operate!
We are looking for three new Trustees to join our growing Board who share our:
• Vision of a society where people with genetic conditions and their families are supported, valued and included.
• Mission To drive towards society-wide understanding, acceptance and inclusion of people with genetic conditions by raising awareness, providing essential grants and championing collaboration.
• Values of empathy, collaboration, compassion, transparency, and appreciating difference.
• Culture of listening, empowerment, trust, mutual benefit, accountability and responsibility to meaningful impact.
• Focus on team work and consensus building, without being afraid to critically challenge or question. Striving for better, rather than best.
• Healthy appetite for risk that allows us to continue to be agile and responsive to what we hear and learn from the individuals and charities that we work with. We aim to try and test new approaches and ways of working so being able to balance the promise of rigour with the flexibility of innovation is something we’re excited to support.
We are keen to find trustees who have direct experience of at least one of the following:
• Charity finance, accounting and risk– we are looking for someone who can take on the role of Treasurer and play an active role in our new finance sub-committee.
• A background in clinical genetics, either as a geneticist, genomics nurse or genetic counsellor who has a direct and empathetic link with the families and individuals from the genetic condition community. We are looking for someone who can play an active role in our grant making panel.
• Digital communication and income generation. We are looking for someone who can actively contribute and support our income generation working group.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion we actively encourage candidates from under-represented communities, individuals with lived experience of the issues we work on, and first-time trustees who may not have considered themselves for this kind of role.
If this sounds like something you’d like to explore further, please download our Trustee Recruitment Pack for more information and how to apply.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!