Finance Trustee Opportunity!
We are at an incredibly exciting stage of our development, having recently established ourselves as a new charity. From our strong history as an annual fundraising campaign that attracts schools, businesses and individuals to take part in the annual ‘Jeans for Genes’ campaign, we are now aiming to diversify our income sources, achieve an all year-round impact and test and try new ways of working. We aren’t shy of being innovative and fully inclusive in how we operate!
We are looking for a new finance Trustee to join our growing Board who shares our:
- Vision of a society where people with genetic conditions and their families are supported, valued and included.
- Mission To drive towards society-wide understanding, acceptance and inclusion of people with genetic conditions by raising awareness, providing essential grants and championing collaboration.
- Values of understanding, inclusivity, responsiveness and respect.
- Culture of listening, empowerment, trust, mutual benefit, accountability and responsibility to meaningful impact.
- Focus on team work and consensus building, without being afraid to critically challenge or question. Striving for better, rather than best.
- Healthy appetite for risk that allows us to continue to be agile and responsive to what we hear and learn from the individuals and charities that we work with. We aim to try and test new approaches and ways of working so being able to balance the promise of rigour with the flexibility of innovation is something we’re excited to support.
We are keen to find a trustee who has direct experience of Charity finance, accounting and risk as we are looking for someone who can play an active role in our new finance sub-committee.
If this sounds like something you’d like to explore further, please download our Trustee Recruitment Pack for more information and how to apply.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!