If you are looking for a selection of ideas for virtual fundraising that you can do from home with family, friends or work colleagues – you’ve come to the right place!
- Play our online ‘In-Jeanious Quiz’ – challenge friends, colleagues and loved ones to play our online, timed quiz. You can play against people from across the country (to see what a national clever clogs you are) or alternatively, have your own friends, family or company leader board and challenge EVERYONE you know! Visit https://bigcharityquiz.org/ and let the quizzing begin!
- Va-va-Zoom your fundraiser – lead an online class through Facebook Live or Instagram Live. It could be yoga, pilates, Tai Chi or good old fashion Jane Fonda work out. Set up a JustGiving page and ask friends, family and colleagues for a donation to Jeans for Genes to attend.
- Run an online ‘How do you wear yours’ sweepstake. Play with family, friends or work colleagues and download our sweepstake poster. Next get them to choose their perfect partner item when wearing jeans, give a £2 donation and write their name beside it. Wear their item – and their jeans – to your event or meeting, held during Jeans for Genes week (Mon 19 to Sun 25 Sept). If they don’t wear it – charge them a £5 forfeit – it’s all for a good cause after all. Take screenshots of everyone taking part, share these on social media (you can find all our social links on the footer of our website) and visit Jeans for Genes on Mon 3 Oct for the winning item reveal. You then would give £20 to the winning participant (but if they want to donate it, fantastic!) and donate the rest of the money to Jeans for Genes! It’s fun’d raiser with a chance to win and create some comedy looks – we can’t wait to see what you all get up to!
- The BIG personal challenge: These challenges don’t just build character – they reveal it and it starts the minute you sign up. We’ve teamed up with Charity Challenge who offer a worldwide selection of challenges and opportunities to push yourself for your favourite charity (obviously us!) Click here to select YOUR lifetime goal and let 2022 be the year you take on a lifetime achievement, all the while helping families with genetic conditions in the UK. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com for help, fundraising tips and support.
- Auction/eBay your has-been for Genes – this is a good opportunity to declutter and apply the rule that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Sell your clutter on eBay or go to a website like www.webuybooks.co.uk which will give you cash in return for your old books, CDs, DVDs and games. Donate the money you make to Jeans for Genes.
- Birthday Fundraiser – let’s face it, we’ve probably all had enough smellies, socks and chocolates to last a lifetime. If you would like to put your birthday to fantastic use, why not donate your special day to Jeans for Genes. Encourage family and friends to forgo birthday gifts and donate to your birthday fundraising by either setting up a Just Giving page for J4G or starting a birthday fundraiser on
Good luck! We are always on hand if you have any questions or queries so please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 480 9800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.